November 13, 2017
Think another group should be listed here? Let us know on the mailing list!
Shift spinoff projects
- Move by Bike is a group of folks interested in helping folks move across town entirely by bicycle. In addition to this webpage with more information, there is a facebook group.
- Breakfast on the Bridges serves breakfast to Portland bike commuters around once a month on several bridges near downtown. In addition to this webpage with more information There is also a facebook group
PDX World Naked Bike Ride is still loosely affiliated with shift but spun off since it is more complicated all by itself than the rest of shift put together. Their webpage has more information.
Unaffiliated but related in bike fun
Portland Urban Bike runs an weekly ride that has happened for more than 3 years straight! They have a facebook page.
Puddlecycle is a group that focuses on winter bike fun events in Portland. Their website talks more about their mission and how to participate.
Portland Autonomous Zone is a local DIY/tinkering community with a focus on bikes and is a frequent booster of and participant in shift events.
Dropout Bike Club is a local freak bike club that leads monthly rides.
BikePortland.org is an independent daily news source that covers the Portland bike scene. Their focus is wider than bike fun but includes it.
Nonprofits and Government groups
- The Street Trust formerly known as the Bicycle Transportation alliance is a non-profit organization working to promote and improve public transit, walking and bicycling conditions in Oregon since 1990.
- the Community Cycling Center is a non-profit organization on a mission to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits.
- the Portland Bureau of Transportation has an active-transportation focused group. This group organizes Sunday Parkways and a bunch of other wonderful bike-focused groups - from a bike share program to safe routes to schools.
- Umbrella is Shift’s 501©3 nonprofit sponsor and provides similar services for a lot of other humans-in-the-streets organizations
- Canvas Host is our webhost as of March 2018, providing us discounted webservice.
- RiseUp is our mailing list host and an all-around great group of folks providing communication tools to communities like ours.
- The Portland Mercury is a weekly newspaper in Portland which has printed our events calendar for pedalpalooza at their own expense for many years.